Become an informed buyer
Designing an Entrance?
Here are a few points to consider:
* How should the gate open?
* How should the gate be controlled?
* How should the gate be powered?
* How much traffic will use this gate?
These are just a few questions an experienced gate installer will ask.
Calvin Access Controls, Inc. can help you find the answers.
Make sure you are comparing apples to apples when getting automatic gate quotes. Here are a few questions to ask:
* Does the gate meet ASTM-F2200 standards for automated gates? A quality gate will be designed specifically to handle the stress of an operator.
* Does the gate operator meet UL 325 standards? It’s about safety! A quality operator will have a UL label.
* Will the gate system be installed to meet UL325 standards? It’s about safety! A safe gate system will meet or exceed UL325 installation guidelines.
* What type of usage is the operator designed to handle? Operators may be designed to handle continuous use or only a few cycles each day.
* Is the operator designed to work dependably in the configuration in which it will be installed? Physics should be considered when picking an operator.
* Does the installer have personal experience with the operator they are quoting?
* Will the product be supported after the sale?
This list is by no means all-inclusive. Our intention is to educate prospective clients so they may purchase the best system within their budget.
Keep in mind - You often get what you pay for. CAC strives to follow the safety and quality standards established by UL325 and ASTM-F2200. We believe that quality and safety should not be compromised.